Chick-fil-a now available after school

Dani Foust, Photo Editor

After school on Wednesday, students may have noticed an enticing aroma floating down the corridor leading to the front doors; many found themselves wondering where the smell was coming from. Soon they discovered the source- a red Chick-fil-a tent set up in the cafeteria, where Chick-fil-a staff were selling chicken sandwiches to students. This is an exciting and new feature that may be offered to students once a week after school in the near future.  

Chick-fil-a is undeniably one of the most popular fast food restaurants amongst the student body of Reagan; most mornings, students can be seen carrying around a box of chicken minis and and a styrofoam cup filled with their favorite drink. Therefore, bringing this popular food chain’s most iconic menu item to a high school filled with growing teens, is bound to be beneficial.  In order for this event to be reoccuring, there must be a positive response from students; meaning a significant amount of the sandwiches brought by the Chick-fil-a staff, must be sold.   

“Chick-fil-a has to bring people to the school to sell sandwiches; they collect the money, they do it all.  It has to be financially worth their time,” said principal Brad Royal. “If they came here and only sold ten sandwhices, then we would not be able to continue.” 

The school will also benefit financially from this new after school feature, if it continues.  For every sandwich sold, the school will receive a small portion of the profit.       

To some, this may have been shocking and exciting because Reagan has never done anything similar in the years since it has been open.  

“I am a freshman, so at the moment everything is really new to me,” said freshman Morgan Stone.  “A lot of things are different here than in middle school. But if this Chick-fil-a thing were to continue, then that would be one of the coolest things about high school so far.”

After Royal made the announcement on Twitter on Sept. 11, Reagan students took to social media to share the message.  Royal also received question after question about the upcoming event.

“Mr. Jackson said that it is one of the most popular trending things on social media,” Royal said.  “Kids are constantly asking me about it.”

The results of the sandwich sale last Wednesday were phenomenal; all 100 Chick-fil-a sandwiches brought were sold.  The popularity of this after school snack sale point to the fact that this may be an event that will continue for future Raiders to enjoy.  According to the announcement made by Royal this Tuesday, Chick-fil-a staff will be present on campus this Thursday, providing hungry students with delicious sandwiches.