Reagan Gets a Facelift

The school receives new updates over the summer

Returning from summer break, students were introduced to a new Reagan. Updates including slogans displayed over the campus and a gym floor gave Reagan a more spirited look for the new school year.

“We started talking about new designs a couple of years ago, and last year the senior class gift was a repainting of the portions of the school that were red and blue, so that was the time that we wanted to put up some of the branding around the school,” principal Brad Royal said.

The school has changed from having the wrong school colors in the halls to Reagan pride all over campus.

Some of the most visible new updates to Reagan are the signs on the back of the baseball scoreboard and football press box. The updated signs now include the official athletic logo and the Raider logo with famous slogans such as “We are Pfafftown” and “This is Raider Nation.” In order to ensure that different perspectives were involved in the updates, the Athletic Booster Club (ABC) members were part of the process.  

“We bounced different ideas by parents [in the Athletic Booster Club] and let them have a say,” Royal said.

Along with being a part of the decision process, the ABC raised funds for these new additions.

“Each year the RHS Athletic Booster Club kicks off the school year by asking parents to become members of the booster club for $40.00,” Athletic Booster Club president Kristen Brown said. “We encourage families to become members of the booster club as their contributions go directly towards supporting our needs within the athletic department and our athletes.”

The ABC has also contributed more than the eye can see to Reagan. Over the summer, they purchased a new fairway mower and a new system for the concession stands to now be able to accept major credit cards.

“The RHS Athletic Booster Club is involved in many projects around the school,” Brown said.

One of the school’s more original slogans can now be seen in the cafeteria, along with Reagan’s new school logo that made its official debut this past school year. “No Raider Rides Alone” is now painted above where students congregate every day. This new addition was paid for by business partners to the school.

“I think it was pretty cool that we are able to have such generous business partners that are willing to help our school,” Royal said.

The most impactful change to Reagan was the new gym floor. Not only was the floor refurbished, but design decisions added an extra boost of Reagan pride. The athletic logo placed at center-court, the phrase, “Reagan Rage”, written in front of the student section, a fade of black to Reagan teal inside the 3-point areas, and “No Raider Rides Alone” on the side of the court are all exhibited. The different color of the floor was done by sanding down the old wood down to bare wood.

“I think the new gym floor design is really nice,” sophomore and junior varsity volleyball player Georgia Robbins said. “The designs shows how Reagan is united and the ‘Reagan Rage’ written on the floor represents the spirit that students have.”

The district pays for schools’ gyms to be redone on a certain schedule. This summer happened to be the year that Reagan’s gym was up for renewal.

“In every school that you go to, whether it’s a high school or college, you see branding everywhere and it’s an important part of it because it teaches you about your school pride,” Royal said.