2018 Spring Preview

Dani Foust, Erin Trowbridge, and

Men’s Tennis

Biggest game/match:  Last year’s conference champs, Davie, will be the biggest match of the season.  Out of conference, Mt. Tabor will be the biggest competition for the Raiders.

Freshmen to look out for: Caleb Richmond, Langston Peoples, and Krishna Kriplani

“I was impressed by all of our players.  We will be solid 1-6,” coach Scott Larson said.

Goal for this season: To win conference.

Men’s Lacrosse

Biggest game/ match:  R.J. Reynolds

Players to look out for:  Senior Dawson Tozier, senior Stevie Thompson, junior Bryson Ligon, and sophomore Gabriel Hollingsworth.

Expectations for this season: This year’s men’s lacrosse team is expected to be stronger this year due to the returning players from last season.

Men’s Golf

Biggest game:   The conference tournament, which will be 18 holes instead of the usual 9, will be a big one,” coach Jim Macon said.  “Then the regional and state tournaments at Pinehurst will also be really important if we qualify for them.”

Players to watch: Sophomore Ryan McMahon and freshman Alec Marsh.

Returning players: “We have five returning players led by [senior] Sam Uberseder and [junior] Rob Salisbury,” Macon said.  “[Senior] Aubrey Chewning, [junior] Grayson Kirkman and [sophomore] Drew McDowell are also key players.”

What was learned from last season:  “I saw that we needed more experience, so we have an additional 18- hole match and a 16- team invitational tournament that we’ve added to the schedule,” Macon said.

Track and Field:

Meets to attend: Scott Brent Invitational (Forsyth County Championship) April 20-21 and the CPC Championship in May.  Both of these meets are at Reagan this year.

Runners to watch: Some of the men’s sprinters to look for are sophomore DJ Moyer, junior Keasean Dirks and senior Mashion Powell, along with women’s distance runners junior Ainsley Cooper and senior Spencer Faircloth. Men’s distance runners junior Aaron Dorer and sophomores Sam Graham and Jack Cumbo should be contenders as well.

Women’s Lacrosse:

Biggest game/match: The Reynolds game on April 11, as well as the West Forsyth game on April 17, are always ones to watch. Reynolds has a lot of experienced players, and West was conference champions last year.

Freshman newcomers: There are three freshmen on varsity this year: Sophie Halus, Jennifer Rogers and Julia Stern.

Will there be a conference appearance: Six years ago, only one or two players trying out had lacrosse experience. Most played field hockey before. This year about 10 freshman had seven years of lacrosse experience.