Ted’s Famous Kickin’ Chicken never fails to disappoint

Rily Bellias, Rooster Reporter

Ted’s Famous Kickin’ Chicken is located on the edge of Pfafftown, basically in the middle of nowhere.  From the outside, Ted’s may look a little rough around the edges, but on the inside it has lots personality and is filled with nice people.  It is definitely a hole-in the-wall restaurant, but it is a fun place people should visit if they live in or around Pfafftown.

Ted’s is a family restaurant where you can either eat in or call in an order for pick-up. In addition to chicken, they also have burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, soups and kid’s options.

“The food is great,” customer William McDaniel said.  “They always have tons of flavor.  My favorite is the Half Chicken.  It has the perfect blend of spices and the skin is cooked perfectly.  I even use the bread to soak up the sauce.”

The style of the restaurant is very relaxed with booths, a small bar, and a few picnic tables outside.  The staff is always very helpful, accommodating and friendly.

“When I went to Ted’s,  my waitress was very friendly and I think that it is really cool that they can remember their customers,” senior Elizabeth Wright said.

Not only are their servers very nice, but so is their food.

“I thought that the food was great,” sophomore Theresa McGowan said.  “You could tell they had just cooked everything, and the amount they gave was perfect. I especially liked their fries.  I think people should go to Ted’s more often.  It’s not popular enough and it deserves to be when they have such good food and nice workers.”

It is apparent that the customers like the staff, but the staff also really like their customers.  

“Ted’s is very down to earth,” waitress Tia Cook said.  “It is not corporate and we have a lot of regulars.  It’s very family friendly and you can really be yourself.  My favorite part about it being a smaller business is that you are on a first name basis with everyone here.”

The staff will put in a lot of effort just to make sure you are enjoying every aspect at being at Ted’s.  They do things like check up on you regularly to make sure you have everything you need, and getting to know their customers and have conversations with them.  Each customer can really feel at home and comfortable.

“I wish people knew how friendly it is at Ted’s because some people drive by and get scared to come in here,” server Molly Hampton said.  “It is a very friendly atmosphere and being a smaller business, we have a lot more leeway to be able to make our customers happy all across the board.  We know the owner and we can talk to him directly, but if it were coporate they would have more rules.  This allows us to be more flexible.”

Many people’s first impressions are skewed based on the random location or the rough look from their appearance.

“My first impression of Ted’s is that it was sort of sketchy,” sophomore Kasie Welch said. “When I actually ate there, I realized it was really friendly and the food was really good.”

Sometimes the outside of a restaurant can turn people away before they even go inside, but resturants should not be judged from the outside.

“My first impression of Ted’s was that it was kind of like a hardcore biker bar like that you see in the movies,” sophomore Nate Spangler said.  “Once I went inside, it felt like any other restaurant where you could relax, watch a game, and eat good food.  People should go to Ted’s more often because they do not know what they’re missing out on.”  

Though Ted’s may be out of the way for some, it is definitely a place to stop by.  Even if you order out, the food is so good one would not regret it.  So if you are with friends and you’re pickin’, go to Ted’s Kickin’ Chicken.