Booster Club raises $50,000

The new and improved sports logo. The booster club supports all teams at Reagan.

Zoe Evans, News Editor

Reagan is known for their pride in the sports teams and their many achievements. The booster club (RHSABC) is a dominant part of the athletics here at Reagan. It is a non profit corporation led by volunteers dedicated to the advancement of all athletics at Reagan. Through the booster club, sports teams are funded by the parents of athletes and the Pfafftown community.  The money that is raised through the booster club goes straight towards facility improvements, maintenance of the fields and upgrading the athletic department. They work closely with coaches and the school athletic department to pay for things that help all teams. With the funds of the sponsors and the community, the booster club’s goal is to strengthen the athletic program hoping to make it a better experience for all athletes, coaches and fans. 

Over the past 15 years, the booster club has raised over $1 million to enrich the athletic program. The money was raised through the sale of food, drinks and merchandise at all home athletic events, through the local businesses and sponsors and finally through the major fundraising events in the fall and spring.  This past year the Board of Directors worked tirelessly to add $50,000 to the funds through sponsorships. This is the first time in our history that the club has reached this amount of money in one year. 

“This is a truly remarkable achievement and a testament to our businesses and the community’s dedication to Reagan athletics,” said president Tanya Gearhart, of RHSABC. 

With the huge amount of money, the board of directors has budgeted for the 2019-2020 year to spend the money in the following ways: field maintenance $43,7000, field equipment $15,664, scheduling software $800, and team allotments $12,500. The total money adds up to an incredible total and above and beyond the county’s budget. 

“Our mission is to enrich, improve, develop and support all student athletes and teams at RHS,”Gearhart said. 

The booster club’s main goal this year is to better inform the RHS staff and student body as well as the surrounding areas. They are taking initiative and becoming more transparent in the budget and goal setting, offering incentives to members of the booster club, and expanding the website. 

“We want the Pfafftown community to know what the booster club stands for and how we plan to help our Reagan athletes be the very best athlete they can be,” Gearhart said. 

The first fundraiser of the year is the Reverse Raffle. It will be held on Saturday October 19 2019, at Brookberry Farms. Participants must be 18 years or older to win. Please support our athletics programs by purchasing a raffle ticket at https://reagansports.org/get-your-reverse-raffle-tickets/